Beware of these Super Bowl Scams and Scammers!
New Super Bowl Hotels sites could Potentially be Rip-Offs and Scammers Sites!
The growth of the digital economy, allowing people to book everything online, has made it easy for fraudsters to exploit everything from airline tickets to online accommodation.
Fraudsters are becoming increasingly adept at creating sites that mislead people into thinking they're getting the real deal.
Be thorough when researching travel arrangements and book through a reputable agent. Make sure the company has been in business 10-15 or plus years.
Make sure they DO NOT have bad reports and valid complaints against them.
Look out for customer reviews and research their company and owners address – do they actually exist?
Research Google, Facebook, LinkedIn the company name and search for articles online about the company being involved in this type of fraud and research if the company and owners have been doing legit business for a number of years
Check the web address has not been altered slightly from a that of a reputable company
There are scam websites out there—small, fly-by-night affiliates looking to make a quick buck.
Legitimate hotel sites generally will begin with the characters “https://”—with the “s” denoting a secure site—rather than just “http://"
If there’s a website that does not have the locked symbol or an “https” in the web address, do not do business there.
The numbers are grim: 23 percent of consumers say they have been misled by third-party travel resellers; 46 percent were charged extra fees on their credit card; 34 percent had their reservation lost and had to book another room, losing the cost of their original reservation; 44 percent made a special room request that was not relayed to the hotel.
How to spot FAKE tickets and Scammers on Facebook, Craigslist or anywhere else from people or companies you don't know?
1. They want to be paid with WESTERN UNION or MoneyGram!
2. They DON'T want to accept Paypal or credit cards!
3. They don't want to do the exchange in person!
4. They have almost 0 friends on facebook OR hide all their Facebook friends!
5. They won’t show a picture of the tickets!
6. They show ONE picture of the tix but won’t do webcam to show them live or show ticket in front of their faces!
7. They say they don’t have a webcam?
8. They have too many excuses and you find him lying!